A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Steampunk Annabelle

Hiya everyone! Well, I am so seriously slacking with my blogging ....... I have been so inundated at work with catch up after my hols (it makes you wonder why you go on holiday as you REALLY need one once you're back)!! LOL! Feeling a bit under the weather too - in fact, it feels like my very own throat is going to strangle me at any minute!!  Oh the joys of this oh so cold time of year matched with VAT quarters and month end!! Yuk!

Anyhows, enough of my woes and moaning and on to a happier note .... it has taken me days to complete this card as I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it but, at last, here is the beautiful Annabelle from MIC looking all kind of vintage/steampunky, made for my youngest daughter's 24th birthday this coming Sunday.  Not sure if I've got the right feel to the theme but I did have fun trying :)


I coloured up Annabelle using a mixture of Spectrum Noirs and Copics and, boy, did I have fun doing those pleats ..... I coloured her dress quite brightly so that she'd hopefully POP from the background and, plus, how gorgeous is teal?


I used some fantastic downloadable Vintage Papers and Vintage Tags from Etsy, which I distressed with my scissors, and added some Tim Holtz die cut gears.  The metal gears, clock hands and vintage stamps were all from Crafts-Too.  I then finished off with some large pearl brads and small pearl adhesive gems (coloured up).  NO glitter was added whilst making this project!! Gasp!! Shock!!


Well, I hope you like my recent make and I really hope my daughter does too :)

Thanks for popping by and all comments are, of course, so very welcome! 

Big hugs

xx

3 comments:

  1. Tracey, this is gorgeous sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cool! I think you nailed this one. I've always wanted to draw a steampunk digi, but it intimidates me. It seems to be a popular theme these days. And YES that teal colour is beautiful!!!
    RedonkulousDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx