A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Friday 21 September 2012

Heaven Sent ….

No!! Really? ANOTHER candle set? (I hear you say) Well, ermmm, yes!! It’s true. But there is an extra special meaning with this post and, of course, there is a slight difference ….. not one single marker pen touched my pinkies AT ALL! 

A fantastic couple we know went through an extremely traumatic time last year.  They got through it all by being strong and positive, with the love and support of family and friends.  In December of last year, the news came that we had all been waiting for  …….

Beautiful baby Joey was born at the end of August this year! A perfect, most treasured, bundle of loveliness! With the permission of his Mummy and Daddy, I can now share him and my creation with you all ........

015

For the card I downloaded this beautiful photo of him, printed it in black and white onto Super Smooth 325gsm cardstock from Anna Marie Designs and die cut the scalloped oval around him.  I used Victorian Classic backing paper from Paper Cellar and lace from my local craft shop.  The bow I made from white netting.  I printed Joey’s details from my PC and placed onto my fab Nellie Snellen multi heart die cut.  The corners were cut from my Fiskars corner edge scissors.  I added a sprinkling of glitter to the corners, the heart & around Joey’s die cut scalloped oval.

016018

I printed the pic again (but this time onto a lighter weight cardstock) Elegance Satin 160gsm from Joanna Sheen for the candle and also transferred Joey’s birth details onto the back.  Then wrapped in cello wrap, tied with a netting bow and …. voila!!

To be totally honest, this little baby is a work of art all by himself – I just added a few little touches to make a treasured little keepsake for ‘Mummy and Daddy’ of their gorgeous boy who, quite clearly, is truly a baby ‘Heaven Sent’ …..

I have entered this card/candle combo into Unique Crafters Challenge: September Challenge - Anything Goes

Thank you so very much for popping by :)
Big hugs to all
Tracey xx

1 comment:

  1. Gasp! Beautiful! =) This just melts my heart b/c I just had a baby mid August this year too! Now I want to put my baby girl's face on a candle-hehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx